The weather is changing slightly and many of us are finding ourselves with minor colds, sore throats and runny noses. Here are a few prevention steps you can take to reduce your and your family’s chances of becoming infected with a virus that causes colds:
- Wash your hands often. This is probably the single best measure to prevent transmission of colds.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth or eyes.
- Don’t smoke. It can irritate the airways and increase susceptibility to colds
- Use disposable cups and plastic wear.
- Keep household surfaces clean and disinfected. This includes door knobs.
- Use paper towels in the kitchen and bath. Cloth towels can hold germs.
- Throw away tissues after use. No one wants to touch those gross gobs anyway!
- Take your vitamins, exercise and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.